In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ebrington like this:
EBRINGTON, or Ebberton, a parish in the district of Shipston-on-Stour and county of Gloucester; adjacent to Warwickshire and to the West Midland railway, 2 miles East of Chipping-Campden. It contains the hamlet of Hidcote-Boyce; and gives the title of Viscount to Earl Fortescue. Post town, Chipping-Campden, under Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 2, 960. Real property, £3, 873. Pop., 570. Houses, 123. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Mickleton, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church contains monuments of the Fortescues; and is good. There are a national school and some charities. .
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ebrington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ebrington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ebrington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ebrington".