In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dumbleton like this:
DUMBLETON, a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester; on the river Isburn, 4¼ miles N by W of Winchcomb, and 6 S by W of Evesham r. station. It has a post office under Evesham. Acres, 2, 100. Real property, £4, 216. Pop., 465. Houses, 93. Dumbleton House is the seat of E. Holland, Esq. The parish contains a mineral spring; and is a meet for the Berkeley-Hunt hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £354.* Patron, E. Holland, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a national school, and charities £50.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Dumbleton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Tewkesbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Dumbleton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dumbleton, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Dumbleton".