In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beeby like this:
BEEBY, a parish in Barrow-upon-Soar district, Leicester; on an affluent of the river Wreak, 4 miles SE of Syston r. station, and 5½ NE of Leicester. Post Town, Hungarton, under Leicester. Acres, 1,020. Real property, £2,620. Pop., 119. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. Beeby House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £282.* Patron, Earl Shaftesbury. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Beeby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Charnwood. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Beeby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beeby, in Charnwood and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Beeby".