In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bagworth like this:
BAGWORTH, a chapelry in Thornton parish, Leicester; on the Leicester and Burton railway, 5½ miles NE of Market-Bosworth. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Leicester. Real property, £2,912. Pop., 534. Houses, 102. A chief feature is Bagworth Park. The living is annexed to Thornton.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bagworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hinckley and Bosworth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bagworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bagworth, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bagworth".