Place:


Dorsington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Dorsington like this:

DORSINGTON, a village and a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon, and county of Gloucester. The village stands near the river Avon, and near the boundary with Worcester and Warwick, 2¾ miles W of Milcote r. station, and 4½ SW of Stratford-on-Avon. It was nearly all burned in 1754. ...


The parish comprises 910 acres. Post town, Long Marston, under Stratford-on-Avon. Real property, £1, 282. Pop., 118. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £199.* Patron, J. Harward, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1758.

Dorsington through time

Dorsington is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Dorsington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Dorsington, in Stratford on Avon and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10595

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Dorsington ".