In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coln St Dennis like this:
COLN-ST. DENIS, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Colne, near the Fosse way, 3 miles SSW of Nortlhleach, and 8 NE by N of Cirencester r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2, 430. Real property, £2, 513. Pop., 206. Houses, 45. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £400. Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is Norman and good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Coln St Dennis has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Coln St Dennis and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coln St Dennis, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Coln St Dennis".