In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Uppington like this:
UPPINGTON, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; 1¾ mile S of Walcott r. station, and 4 WSW of Wellington. It has a post-office under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 755. Real property, £1,046. Pop., 95. Houses, 15. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £70. Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Uppington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Shrewsbury and Atcham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Uppington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Uppington, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Uppington".