In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Tugford like this:
TUGFORD, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; 8½ miles NNE of Ludlow r. station. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 1,320. Real property, £1,828. Pop., 119. Houses, 25. The manor belongs to Pemberton, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, not reported. Patron, the Bishop of H. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Tugford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Tugford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Tugford in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Tugford".