In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stoke St Milborough like this:
STOKE-ST. MILBOROUGH, a parish, comprising S.-St. M. and Heath townships, in Ludlow district, Salop; 6¼ miles NE of Ludlow r. station. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 5,750. Real property, £5,362. Pop., 573. Houses, 119. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage, with Heath chapelry, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £474. Patrons, the Representatives of the late Rev. G. Morgan. The church was recently restored. There are a chapel of ease at Heatb, Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stoke St Milborough has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stoke St Milborough and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stoke St Milborough in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stoke St Milborough".