Place:


Sheinton  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sheinton like this:

SHEINTON, or Shineton, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; on the river Severn and the Severn Valley railway, 1½ mile E of Cressage r. station, and 2¾ N by W of Much-Wenlock. Post town, Much-Wenlock, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 946. Real property, £1,237. Pop., 175. Houses, 34. The manor belongs to W. L. Childe, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lichfield. Value, £296.* Patron, the Rev. H. Bagnall. The church is good; and there are a national school, and charities £5.

Sheinton through time

Sheinton is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sheinton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sheinton, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10472

Date accessed: 21st November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sheinton ".