In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rushbury like this:
RUSHBURY, a village and a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop. The village stands on the Much-Wenlock and Craven-Arms railway, 4 miles E by S of Church-Stretton; was once a market-town; and has a post-office under Church-Stretton, and a r. station. The parish includes the townships of Rushbury, Stone-Acton, Wall-under-Haywood, Wilderhope, Stanway, and parts of Gretton and Eastwall. Acres, 4, 132. Real property, £4, 203. Pop., 576. Houses, 108. The property is much subdivided. The parish is traversed by Watling-street and Ryknield-street; is supposed to have had a Romanstation; and has yielded Roman coins. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £449.* Patron, the Bishop of Worcester. The church was restored in 1855. There are a parochial school, and charities £44.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Rushbury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Rushbury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rushbury in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 20th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Rushbury".