In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Church Preen like this:
PREEN-CHURCH, a parish in Atcham district, Salop; under Wenlock-Edge, 5¼ miles W S W of Much-Wenlock r. station. Post-town, Much-Wenlock, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 1,050. Real property, £1, 680 Pop., 97. Houses, 20. The property is divided among four. A Cluniac priory, a cell to Wenlock abbey, was here. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £76. Patron, W. H. Sparrow, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Church Preen has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Shrewsbury and Atcham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Church Preen and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Church Preen, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Church Preen".