In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Ness like this:
NESS (Little), a township and a chapelry in Bas-church parish, Salop. The township lies 2½ miles S W of Baschurch r. station, and 7 N W of Shrewsbury. The chapelry contains also the townships of Adcot and Milford; and its post town is Baschurch, under Shrewsbury. Pop., 238. Houses, 53. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Baschurch, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is ancient but good, has a bell-gable, and contains an ancient font.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Little Ness has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Shrewsbury and Atcham. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Little Ness and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Ness, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Little Ness".