In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Longnor like this:
LONGNOR, a village and a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop. The village stands on the river Onny, near Watling-street, 1½ mile NNE of Leebotwood r. station, and 5 NNE of Church-Stretton; and is supposed to occupy the site of a Roman station. The parish comprises 1,200 acres; and its Post town is Leebotwood, under Shrewsbury. ...
Real property, £3,656; of which £88 are in mines. Pop., 244. Houses, 48. The property is divided among a few. Longnor Hall is a chief residence. Coal is found, but is worked less now than formerly. The living is a vicarage annexed to the vicarage of Leebotwood, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is ancient but good; and belonged formerly to Haughmond abbey. There are a national school, and charities £44. The Rev. Samuel Lee, late professor of Arabic at Cambridge, was a native.
Longnor is now part of Shrewsbury and Atcham district. Click here for graphs and data of how Shrewsbury and Atcham has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Longnor itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Longnor, in Shrewsbury and Atcham and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Longnor ".