In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hope Bagot like this:
HOPE-BAGGOT, a parish in Ludlow district, Salop; 4½ miles N of Tenbury r. station, and 6 ESE of Ludlow. Post town, Ludlow. Acres, 460. Real property, £454. Pop., 82. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Duke of Cleveland. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £111. * Patron, the Duke of Cleveland. The church is ancient and tolerable, and has a tower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Hope Bagot has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Hope Bagot and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hope Bagot in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th August 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Hope Bagot".