Place:


Hadnall  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hadnall like this:

HADNALL, a township and a chapelry in Middle parish, Salop. The township lies on the Shrewsbury and Crewe railway, 4½ miles NNE of Shrewsbury; and has a post office under Shrewsbury and a r. station. The chapelry includes Alderton, Haston, Hardwick, Shotton, and Smethcott townships. Pop., 456. Houses, 96. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the dio. of Lichfield. Value, £172. Patron, the Rector of Middle. The church is good. Charities £76.

Hadnall through time

Hadnall is now part of North Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hadnall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hadnall in North Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10366

Date accessed: 18th August 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hadnall ".