In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aldsworth like this:
ALDSWORTH, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; near the river Leach, 10 miles NE of Cirencester r. station. It has a post office under Cheltenham. Acres, 3,460. Real property, £3,107. Pop., 430. Houses, 82. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £66. Patron, Christ's Church, Oxford. The church stands on a hill, and commands an extensive view.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aldsworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aldsworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aldsworth, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aldsworth".