In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eyton on the Weald Moors like this:
EYTON-UPON-THE-WILD-MOORS, a parish in Wellington district, Salop; on the Shrewsbury canal, 2½ miles N of Wellington r. station. It has a post office, of the name of Eyton, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 1, 038. Real property, £3, 234. Pop., 451. Houses, 88. The property is divided among a few. Many of the inhabitants are employed in the manufacture of bar-iron The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Wellington, in the diocese of Lichfield. The church is very good. Lord Herbert of Cherbury was a native.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Eyton on the Weald Moors has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Telford and Wrekin. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Eyton on the Weald Moors and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eyton on the Weald Moors, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Eyton on the Weald Moors".