In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Haighton like this:
HAIGHTON, a township in Preston parish, Lancashire; on the river Wyre, 4 miles NNE of Preston. It includes the hamlet of Cow Hill. Acres, 1, 054. Real property, £1, 554. Pop., 222. Houses, 40.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Haighton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Preston. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Haighton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Haighton, in Preston and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Haighton".