In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yelford like this:
YELFORD, a parish in Witney district, Oxford; 3 miles S of Witney r. station. Post town, Witney. Acres, 305. Real property, £465. Pop., 14. Houses, 2. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £120. Patron, K. J. W. Lenthall, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Yelford has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Yelford and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yelford in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Yelford".