In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Eaton under Haywood like this:
EATON, a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop; on Eaton Brook, under Wenlock Edge, 4½ miles SE by E of Church Stretton town and r. station. It contains Hatton, Hungerford, Ticklerton, Lushcott-Longville, and Upper Millichope; and its post town is Rushbury, under Church-Stretton. Acres, 6, 201. Real property, £4, 967. Pop., 544. Houses, 93. The property is subdivided. Eaton Brook is an affluent of the Onny. Some stone is quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £350.* Patron, H. Sandford, Esq. The church is ancient.
Eaton under Haywood is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eaton under Haywood itself, go to Units and Statistics.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eaton under Haywood in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eaton under Haywood ".