In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easthope like this:
EASTHOPE, a parish in Church-Stretton district, Salop; under Wenlock-Edge, 4½ miles SW of Much-Wenlock r. station, and 7¾ ENE of Church-Stretton. Post town, Burton, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 814. Real property, £763. Pop., 109. Houses, 21. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £133.* Patron, M. G. Benson, Esq. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Easthope has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Bridgnorth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Easthope and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easthope, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Easthope".