In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Goldshaw Booth like this:
GOLDSHAW BOOTH, a township in Newchurch-in-Pendle chapelry, Whalley parish, Lancashire; 3 miles NW of Marsden r. station, and 6 NW of Burnley. Acres, 980. Real property, £2, 473. Pop. in 1851, 620; in 1861, 406. Houses, 80. The decrease of pop. was occasioned by the removal of handloom weavers. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Goldshaw Booth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pendle. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Goldshaw Booth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Goldshaw Booth, in Pendle and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Goldshaw Booth".