In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Diddlebury like this:
DIDDLEBURY, a township, a parish, and a sub-district in Ludlow district, Salop. The township lies on the river Corve, 5 miles NE of Craven Arms r. station, and 7½ N of Ludlow; and has a post office under Bromfield, Salop. The parish includes also the townships of Corfton, Earnstrey-Park, Lawton and Little Sutton, Lower Park, Middlehope, Paston, Peaton, Great Sutton, and Westhope. Acres, inclusive of Skirmage extra-parochial tract, 9, 535. Real property, £10, 831. Pop., 829. Houses, 157. ...
The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the donative of Westhope, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £358.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Hereford. The church is early English, and tolerable. Charities, £44. There was anciently an alien priory.The sub-district contains four parishes, part of another, and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 18, 310. Pop., 2, 086. Houses, 399.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Diddlebury has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Shropshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Diddlebury and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Diddlebury in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Diddlebury".