In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Swinbrook like this:
SWINBROOK, a parish in Witney district, Oxford; 2 miles E of Burford r. station. Post town, Burford, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,140. Real property, £1,335. Pop., 191. Houses, 42. The property is all in one estate. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Widford. The church's chancel was recently restored. There are an endowed school with £60 a year, and charities £283.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Swinbrook has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Swinbrook and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Swinbrook in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Swinbrook".