Place:


Coreley  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coreley like this:

CORELEY, a parish in Cleobury-Mortimer district, Salop; under the Clee Hills, 3½ miles NNE of Tenbury r. station, and 5 WSW of Cleobury-Mortimer. Post town, Tenbury. Acres, 2, 175. Rated property, £1, 490. Pop., 515. Houses, 106. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £280.* Patron, Rev. J. Burnett Stuart. The church is of brick, and ancient, with tower and spire; and was reported in 1859 as bad.

Coreley through time

Coreley is now part of South Shropshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Shropshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coreley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coreley in South Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10218

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coreley ".