In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Standlake like this:
STANDLAKE, a parish, with a village, in Witney district, Oxford; on the river Windrush, near the Thames, 3 miles S by W of South Leigh r. station, and 5½ SSE of Witney. It has a post-office under Witney. Acres, 2,495. Real property, £4,322. Pop., 822. Houses, 174. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £373.* Patron, Magdalen College, Oxford. The church is early English, and has an octagonal tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, an endowed school, and charities £82.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Standlake has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Standlake and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Standlake in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th October 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Standlake".