In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shenington like this:
SHENINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Banbury district, Oxford; 6 miles WNW of Banbury r. station. It has a post-office under Banbury. Acres, 1,340. Real property, £3,054. Pop., 415. Houses, 104. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £321.* Patron, Lady Jersey. The church is decorated and later English. There are a dissenting chapel, a free school, and charities £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Shenington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cherwell. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Shenington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shenington, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Shenington".