In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wick like this:
WICK-NEAR-PERSHORE, a chapelry in Pershore parish, Worcester; 2 miles SE by S of Pershore r. station. It has a post-office under Pershore. Acres, 1,600. Real property, £3,886. Pop., 318. Houses, 65. The manor, with W. House, belongs to A. R. Hudson, Esq.; Upper W. House is the seat ofS. Hudson, Esq.; and Avon Bank, of Mrs. General Marriott. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £105. Patron, the Vicar of Pershore. The church is old.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wychavon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wick, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 24th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wick".