In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pishill like this:
PISHILL, a parish in Henley district, Oxford; underthe Chiltern hills, 5½ miles N N W of Henley r. station. Post-town, Henley-on-Thames. Acres, 785. Real property, £498. Pop., 214. Houses, 48. Most of the land belongs to Lord Camoys. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £100.* Patron, the Rev.E. R. Keene. The church was recently rebuilt. There are a national school and alms-houses, the latterwith £62 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pishill has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pishill and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pishill in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pishill".