In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stone like this:
STONE, a parish in Kidderminster district, Worcester; 2 miles ESE of Kidderminster r. station. It has a post-office under Kidderminster. Acres, 2,450. Real property £5,229. Pop., 475. Houses, 104. S. House, the Hoo, Dunclent, and Spennell House are chief residences. There is a worsted mill. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £827.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is recent, and has a tower and spire. There are an endowed school with £37 a year, and charities £195.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Stone has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wyre Forest. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Stone and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stone, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Stone".