In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Connahs Quay like this:
CONNAH'S-QUAY, a sea-port village and a chapelry, in Northop parish, Flint. The village stands on the estuary of the Dee, at the terminus of the Buckley railway, adjacent to the Chester and Holyhead railway, 3 miles SE of Flint; and has a post office‡ under Flint. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Pop., 1, 422. Houses, 314. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. Asaph. Value, £301. Patron, the Vicar of Northop.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Connahs Quay has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Flintshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Connahs Quay and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Connahs Quay in Flintshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Connahs Quay".