In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Nuffield like this:
NUFFIELD, a parish, with a village, in Henley district, Oxford; among the Chiltern hills, 4 miles E S E of Wallingford r. station and 7¼ N W by W of Henley-on-Thames. Post-town, Henley-on-Thames. Acres, 2,076. Real property, £2, 505. Pop., 259. Houses, 41. The manor belongs to Sir James Langham. A Trinitarian friary was founded here before 1360. Nuffield Heathrises to an altitude of 757 feet above sea-level. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £405.* Patrons, Miss F. Burdett and Lady Langham alternately. The church is partly ancient and restored, was partly rebuilt by Ferrey, has a tower, and contains a cup-shaped font of the 13th century.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Nuffield has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Nuffield and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Nuffield in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 21st December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Nuffield".