In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brize Norton like this:
NORTON-BRIZE, a parish in Witney district, Oxford; 3 miles N N W of Bampton-in-the-Bush, and 4 W S W of Witney r. station. Post-town, Bampton, under Faringdon. Acres, 3, 140. Real property, £4, 106. Pop., 716. Houses, 156. The manor, with the Manor House, belongs to John Worley, Esq. Marsh-Haddon is the residence of W. Morley, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £300.* Patron, Christchurch, Oxford. The church is early English, with a Norman doorway; comprises nave, N aisle, and chancel, with a tower; and contains a piscina, sedilia, and a curious armed effigies of J. D' Aubigne of 1346. Charities, £5.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Brize Norton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Oxfordshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Brize Norton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brize Norton in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Brize Norton".