Place:


Neithrop  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Neithrop like this:

NEITHROP, a township in Banbury parish, Oxford; on the river Cherwell, the Oxford canal, and the Oxford and Birmingham railway, surrounding Banbury town, and within Banbury borough. Real property, £15, 371. Pop. in 1851, 4, 180; in 1861, 5,081. Houses, 1,042. The Banbury workhouse is here; and, at the census of1861, had 186 inmates.

Neithrop through time

Neithrop is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Neithrop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Neithrop, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9984

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Neithrop ".