Place:


North Newington  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Newington like this:

NEWINGTON (North), a township in Broughton parish, Oxford; 2½ miles W by S of Banbury. It has a post-office under Banbury, an Independent chapel, an endowed school with £50 a year, and other charities £65; and it carries on a manufacture of paper. Acres, 680. Pop., 428. Houses, 94. The manor belongs to Lord Saye and Sele.

North Newington through time

North Newington is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Newington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Newington, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9977

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Newington ".