Place:


North Littleton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described North Littleton like this:

LITTLETON (NORTH), a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands near the river Avon, on the E verge of the county, 4 miles NE by N of Evesham r. station.—The parish contains also the village of Middle Littleton; and it has a post office, of the name of Littleton, under Evesham. ...


Acres, 1,610. Real property, £2,753; of which £20 are in quarries. Pop., 303. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of South Littleton, in the diocese of Worcester. The church stands at Middle-Littleton; ranges from Norman to later English; and was recently in bad condition. The shaft of an ancient cross is in the churchyard; and a large ancient building, once a tithe-barn of Evesham abbey, is near the church. There is a national school.

North Littleton through time

North Littleton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about North Littleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of North Littleton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9940

Date accessed: 14th December 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " North Littleton ".