Place:


Rous Lench  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rous Lench like this:

LENCH (RoUSE), a village and a parish in Evesham district, Worcester. The village stands 2 miles W of the boundary with Warwickshire, 5½ SW by W of Alcester r. station, and 7 NNW of Evesham.—The parish contains also the hamlet of Radford, and is bounded on the N by Radford brook. Post town, Evesham. ...


Acres, 1,380. Real property, £2,069. Pop., 306. Houses, 69. The manor belonged formerly to the Rouse family, and belongs now to Sir Charles R. Boughton, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £400.* Patron, Sir W. E. R. Boughton, Bart. The church is ancient, has a lantern tower, and contains several fine monuments of the Rouses.

Rous Lench through time

Rous Lench is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rous Lench itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rous Lench, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9938

Date accessed: 19th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rous Lench ".