Place:


Evenlode  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Evenlode like this:

EVENLODE, a parish in the district of Stow-on-the-Wold, and county of Worcester; on the river Evenlode near its source, and contiguous to the West Midland railway and to the boundary with Gloucestershire, 3½ miles SSE of Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Post town, Moreton-in-the-Marsh. Acres, 1, 563. ...


Real property, £2, 876. Pop., 276. Houses, 69. The property is much subdivided. The manor was known at Domesday as Eunilade, and belonged to Worcester church. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £396.* Patron, Mrs. Ann James. The church is ancient but good; and there are charities £10.

Evenlode through time

Evenlode is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Evenlode itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Evenlode, in Cotswold and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9874

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Evenlode ".