Place:


Belmont  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Belmont like this:

BELMONT, a chapelry in Bolton-le-Moors parish, Lancashire; 3¾ miles E of Chorley r. station. It was constituted in 1851; and has a post office under Bolton. Rated property, £4,005. Pop., 1,033. Houses, 202. There are cotton-mills and print-works. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £120.* Patron, the Rev.Wright. The church is good.

Belmont through time

Belmont is now part of Blackburn With Darwen district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blackburn With Darwen has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Belmont itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Belmont, in Blackburn with Darwen and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9864

Date accessed: 22nd September 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Belmont ".