Place:


Allithwaite  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Allithwaite like this:

ALLITHWAITE, two townships and a chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire. The townships are Lower and Upper, and lie near Cark r. station. Acres, 2,360 and 3,710. Real property, £5,142 and £3,123. Pop., 933 and 729. Houses, 190 and 162. The chapelry was formed in 1865. Pop., 480. The living is a p. curacy. Value, £150.* Patron, the Bishop of Carlisle

Allithwaite through time

Allithwaite is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Allithwaite itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Allithwaite, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9829

Date accessed: 22nd October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Allithwaite ".