Place:


Cropthorne  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cropthorne like this:

CROPTHORNE, a village and a parish in Pershore district, Worcester. The village stands on the river Avon, 1¼ mile SSE of Fladbury r. station, and 3¼ E by S of Pershore; and has a post office under Pershore. Pop., 374. Houses, 85. The parish includes also the hamlets of Charlton and Netherton. ...


Acres, 2, 000. Real property, £6, 562. Pop., 839. Houses, 181. The manor belonged to the Dineleys. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £85. Patrons, the Dean ad Chapter of Worcester. The church contains some curious monuments. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, and charities £16.

Cropthorne through time

Cropthorne is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cropthorne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cropthorne, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9807

Date accessed: 14th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cropthorne ".