Place:


Cleeve Priors  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cleeve Priors like this:

CLEEVE-PRIOR, a parish in Evesham district, Worcester; on the river Avon, at the boundary with Warwick and Gloucester, 4 miles WNW of Long Marston r. station, and 5 NE of Evesham. It has a post office under Evesham. Acres, 1, 580. Real property, £2, 378. Pop., 340. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. ...


The rocks include marble and blue has. Gold and silver Roman coins have been found. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £225.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Worcester. The church is early English, with a square tower. There is a national school.

Cleeve Priors through time

Cleeve Priors is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cleeve Priors itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cleeve Priors, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9767

Date accessed: 20th February 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cleeve Priors ".