Place:


Churchill  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Churchill like this:

CHURCHILL, a parish in Kidderminster district, Worcester; on the West Midland railway, 3½ miles NE of Kidderminster. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Kidderminster. Acres, 924. Real property, £1, 637. Pop., 181. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £255.* Patron, the Rev. J. Turner. The church was rebuilt in 1868, at a cost of £1, 800. Charities, £30.

Churchill through time

Churchill is now part of Wyre Forest district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wyre Forest has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Churchill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Churchill, in Wyre Forest and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9759

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Churchill ".