Place:


Bredons Norton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bredons Norton like this:

NORTON-BY-BREDON, or Bredons-Norton, a hamlet-chapelry in Bredon parish, Worcester; under Bredon hill, near the boundary with Gloucester, 1 mile S E of Bredon r. station, and 3½ N E by E of Tewkesbury. Post-town, Bredon, under Tewkesbury. Acres, 1, 100. Pop., 243. Houses, 55. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Bredon, in the diocese of Worcester.

Bredons Norton through time

Bredons Norton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bredons Norton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bredons Norton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9733

Date accessed: 23rd March 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bredons Norton ".