Place:


Shortflatt  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shortflatt like this:

SHORTFLATT, a township in Bolam parish, Northumberland; 10 miles WSW of Morpeth. Acres, 511. Pop., 44. Houses, 5. S. Tower belonged, in the time of Edward II., to the Raymeses; passed to the Fenwicks; and belongs now to W. D. Dent, Esq.

Shortflatt through time

Shortflatt is now part of Castle Morpeth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Castle Morpeth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shortflatt itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shortflatt, in Castle Morpeth and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9671

Date accessed: 08th December 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shortflatt ".