Place:


Bishampton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishampton like this:

BISHAMPTON, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; in the vale of Evesham, 3¼ miles N by W of Fladbury r. station, and 4½ NE of Pershore. Post Town, Pershore. Acres, 2,140. Real property, £2,540. Pop., 469. Houses, 105. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £103.* Patron, the Bishop. The church was about to be rebuilt in 1869. There is a Baptist chapel.

Bishampton through time

Bishampton is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bishampton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishampton, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9634

Date accessed: 14th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bishampton ".