Place:


Easington  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Easington like this:

EASINGTON, a parish in Thame district, Oxford; under the Chilterns, 4 miles SSW of Tetsworth, and 6½ SW by S of Thame r. station. Post town, Watlington, under Tetsworth. Acres, 232. Real property, £509. Pop., 26. Houses, 5. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford; and was annexed in 1868 to Cuxham. The church is ancient.

Easington through time

Easington is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Easington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Easington in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9631

Date accessed: 22nd July 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Easington ".