Place:


Birlingham  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Birlingham like this:

BIRLINGHAM, a parish in Pershore district, Worcester; on the river Avon, 1½ mile E of Defford r. station, and 2½ SSW of Pershore. It has a post office under Pershore. Acres, 1,210. Real property, £3,847. Pop., 353. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. Birlingham Court is the seat of the Porter family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £205.* Patron, the Rev. R. E. Landor. The church is mainly modern, but has an old tower, and includes an ancient Saxon arch. Charities, £12.

Birlingham through time

Birlingham is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Birlingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Birlingham, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9628

Date accessed: 21st October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Birlingham ".