Place:


Besford  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Besford like this:

BESFORD, a chapelry in St. Andrew-Pershore parish, Worcester; on the river Avon and on the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, 2 miles WSW of Pershore. Post Town, Pershore. Acres, 1,300. Real property, £2,025. Pop., 164. Houses, 34. Besford Court here is the seat of Sir T. G. S. Sebright, Bart. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of St. Andrew-Pershore, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is old, and has a tower.

Besford through time

Besford is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Besford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Besford, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9624

Date accessed: 17th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Besford ".